.

.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Recommendation #2

"...Palmer's Cocoa Butter enriched with VITAMIN E, in a soothing emollient base. Helps smooth and blend unattractive marks and scars. Tones skin. An excellent all-over-the-body moisturizer..."

— Back Label of Palmer's COCOA BUTTER FORMULA with Vitamin E.

#2. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula

As most of the continental US has been submersed in a winter wonderland of a cold spell it seems fitting to dedicate my second recommendation to an item that has made this tundra bearable: my cocoa butter.

Usually my hand-dermis is not that big of a downer since living in Florida for eight years has helped to infuse moisture into my otherwise crusty and crackly hands. It has been a genetic joy of mine to receive from my mother her incessantly dry skin. However, the south has decided to turn cold now-a-days and its been a difficult transition for mis manos. Thankfully, there is Palmers! It has been quite the Godsend because my hands have gotten( in the past, before my cocoa butter salvation,)so gnarly, that they have bled. No fun. I know, I should probably spare you the details.

Actually, I was a tad skeptical to try the lotion because the only recollection I had of the stuff was that my mother used it on her breastesis and tummy after she gave birth to my brothers. I didn't want to administer 'udder' spread to my digits. But I had a couple girlfriends practically worship it so I decided to give in, if only secretly. I planned to stash it under the sink and out of view of my house guests.

What a joy it was to find that it does exactly as it promises! Heals soothes and softens. I can say that my hands have never been happier.

Some concerns and/or questions you may have:

"Cocoa butter, isn't that oily?" You might think so but its definitely not. It's a thick, yellow creme that rubs in beautifully and doesn't leave a hint of grease.

"Cocoa butter; it's going to make me smell like a tube of sunblock." Although it does have a hit of tropical, dare I say, scent. I promise the lotion smells delightful and not at all like Banana Boat: another in trepidation of mine.

"Bah! But it's so expensive! Suave is like, half the price." Exactly! You get what you pay for. The 8.5 fl. oz. bottle I use was about $7.00 but because the lotion is thick, as I mentioned, the amount used and required to do the job is much less then any other over the counter I've tried. So, in that regard, it pays for itself.



4 comments:

  1. i heart cocoa butter too! i am going to have to try this brand now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woho! So happy you're going to try it. I hope you fall as in love with it as I have. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..I've ALWAYS used this lol!

    ....glad to be your new blogging buddy! You're in Denton!1 Whoo-Hoo... I'm in Dallas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! My boyfriend has the driest hands and I swear by Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion, but he refuses to use it because of the scent. So I opted to buy him Jergen's Shea Butter lotion instead, and he loves it!

    ReplyDelete