.

.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So, here it goes:

After visiting and re-visiting my blog an exorbitant amount of times today, which has, by the way, made me realize how completely narcissistic I am. I blame you Facebook! More on that some other time. I realized that I haven't actually taken the time to talk about me. The girl whose writing this blog. It might be a good idea to tell your "reader(s)" who the heck you are Nichole. Not that I really have readers yet but I say that in hope that one day in the future (when I figure out how to customize my own artwork, include "widgets," fork out the ten bucks for a domain name and have readers!) that someone will stumble upon my Archives and find this lil gem of an intro.

So, Hi. My name's Nichole, that's right, with an 'h'. For about thirteen years of my life I thought my name was completely unique. I had never met any Nicole's who spelled their names like mine and so I very much liked my name. I remember some jerk grocery store attendant dashing my dreams of exclusivity though as he explained that he had, in fact, never met a Nichole that spelled her name without an h. I don't even know how I would have gotten into this conversation with a grocery sales clerk but regardless, I was pretty bothered by it. Since then, I've discovered that there's more to the uniqueness of a person then a singular letter in one's name. Thankfully.

Interests. Does this question bother anyone else? I find that my interests are always changing and because of this, generalized questions always irritate me. I feel like I'm lying a bit when I answer questions like, what's your favorite color with... "Green." Because wasn't it just yesterday that it was red Nichole? See what I mean? It's difficult. I can tell you that there are things about me that will never, some fortunately and others unfortunately, fluctuate about me.

I, in fact, am Puerto Rican. This is often surprising to people as I don't speak with a Latina accent or wear chunky gold earrings. Actually, no, okay, I stereotype. It's mostly because I'm light-skinned and have green eyes. People usually beg me for an Italian.

I am 4 feet 10.5 inches( believe me, when your this short you count each millimeter.) I could pprobably alter this, as I've seen some documentaries on people who have had themselves surgically stretched but that really grosses me out and looks extremely painful. No thank you.

I was born to Rock and Roll. Really, not really, not a big Rock and Roll fan. I mean that more as as play on words to describe my affinity towards all things musical. True story: When I was nothing but an embryo my mother would put headphones on her belly, this was before baby Einstein, and play me Beethoven and Mozart.Once and awhile throw some Tito Puente in. She was set on having a musical genius baby. Well, she had me! I am musically inclined but far from musical genius. I majored in music at Florida State( Go Noles!) and currently spend my free time writing little ditties on my piano or guitar. Thanks Mom, you're the best.

More unchangables? ENFP. Home schooled. Jesus lover. Irrational fear of Tapioca Pudding.

Um... I'm the eldest of five? I have four brothers. Yes, it was hard but also so much fun. I doubt if I had four sisters that I would have gotten stuck in trees, pegged with snowballs until I cried and been involved in a stunning re-enactment of the Battle of Gettysburg. Aw, the memories.

So there you have it, though I really could have written more... See! I am so self-absorbed.

10 comments:

  1. You're Puerto Rican?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Gettysburg re-enactment? Sounds fun! Oh, and my sister is 4 11... And I've heard the countless dumb jokes about her height... I feel for you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow 4'10.5" i wouldn't want to be surgically stretched either =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found you on 20SB... I just wanted to stop by and say "HI" Great Blog! Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post about yourself. Would love to hear more about your life. Your blog seems pretty interesting.

    found you on 20sb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you have readers! I feel the same way, I feel like I'm blogging to the imaginary audience, so I just had to let you know we're out here! Keep blogging, I'll be reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a fantastic introduction post Nichole :)

    Loved to learn how funny you can be when it comes to writing.
    Wow! you have gorgeous green eyes.

    Keep up the wonderful work girl and we'll have lot's of fun blogging :)

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ..found you on 2sb! I said I was going to start my blog on the 1st of the month/year... but I got too antsy and started a little earlier. Nice to meet you Nichole! ---unlike you, my name is plain A-M-Y... while in middle school I'd always change the spelling of it and proclaimed that AIMEY would be the way to spell it. I even went as far as to say I would legally change it. BUT, I didn't lol. So, I go by aimes (since HS) and it's a little closer to some sort of uniqueness... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, great sis. Playing Civil War, now THAT is a blast from the past, I remember watching that documentary mom got us every single Saturday for about a year and a half and then playing Civil War with Jared, Jason, and you sometimes too. Oh goodness, good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, saw you on 20SB... nice to meet you. Look forward to reading your blog. BTW, I'm an INFP. :)

    http://norocketsurgeon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete