.

.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Thoughts on Isaiah 51:1 ( Part 1 of 5)

"Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, You who seek the Lord; look to the rock from which you were hewn. And to the hole of the pit from which you were dug..."

Listen to me: it is first required: a listening ear. That at the very beginning of our comfort (as is the theme for this chapter) we must incline our ears to listen. To listen not only reveals our ability to hear the Lord but also demonstrates our desire, As we silence our surroundings and dim out the voices of our own heart by leaning in towards Christ this reveals our longing for Christ and places our heart in a position of readiness and willingness to receive His message, His words of comfort.

The distinction is made: Listen to me. Quite the obvious statement but again, for one to listen to the Lord it takes a certain amount of intentionality, for the Lord is not in the roaring of waves, the shaking of the earth, but in a whisper (1st Kinds 19:12.) To place our ears on the ready means an active pursual of things above.

3 comments:

  1. I love Isaiah. That book has some of the most powerful scripture. I have Isaiah 43:3-4 tattooed down my left arm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 40:31 is my favorite verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaiah is a great book I agree! ^_^

    ReplyDelete